Q. What is the Fraternal Order of Police?
A. The Fraternal Order of Police is the world’s largest organization of sworn law enforcement officers, with more than 325,000 members in more than 2,100 lodges. We are the voice of those who dedicate their lives to protecting and serving our communities. We are committed to improving the working conditions of law enforcement officers and the safety of those we serve through education, legislation, information, community involvement, and employee representation. No one knows the dangers and the difficulties faced by today’s law enforcement officers better than another officer, and no one knows law enforcement officers better than the FOP. The NYSFOP is always willing to help unions by providing information and education, however it remains strictly a fraternal organization.
Q. Who can be a member of the Fraternal Order of Police?
A. The Fraternal Order of Police is comprised of regularly appointed or elected and full-time employed or retired in good standing law enforcement officers of the United States, any state or political subdivision thereof, or any agency.
Q. Am I eligible to join the Court Officers Memorial Lodge of Fraternal Order of Police?
A. If you are a regularly appointed or elected and full-time employed law enforcement officer of New York State, any political subdivision thereof, or any agency, then you can become a member of the Fraternal Order of Police. If you are a family member of a Fraternal Order of Police member or a supporter of Law Enforcement you may join as an associate member.
National FOP Benefits include:
- Over 300,000 FOP members in the USA
- National member ID card & yearly PW FOP Grand Lodge Journal & newsletter Website: www.grandIodgefop.org
- Representative Lobby in Washington, D.C.
- Free FOP email Acct.@FOP.net
- Retirement Health Savings Plan
- National FOP Legal Defense Plan
- Annual D.C. Peace Officers Memorial Service
- Low rate/No fee credit card available
- FOP Univ.-accredited degree program
- 10% discount at Gall’s Police Equipment
- Scholarship/Spouses of Fallen Officers FOP mortgage-“FOP Advantage.com”
- National Police Credit Union: www.fop.net
- Liberty Mutual Auto & Home Insurance (libertymutual.com/fop-Group@.120824)
- Lifelock (lifelock.com-code FOP715)
- FOP Travel Benefits program
NYS FOP Benefits include:
- State member cards & auto stickers
- Yearly photo ID card available
- $10,000 Accidental Life Ins. Policy **
- Survivors Aid benefit **
- Legal/Financial Consults available
- High School & College Scholarship ** (yearly for active member’s children)
- NYS FOP DMV License Plate Program (Motorcycle Plates now available)
- FOP priority at Sloan-Kettering Hospital
- Low-cost Defensive Driving Course **
- Website & Links: “www.nysfop.org”
- Discount membership – BJ’s Club
- Lodge use of State Meeting Hall **
- Dental & Optical Program
- Avis & Budget Rental discounts
- Events – Picnic, Great Adventure, Cigar Nite
- Tickets@work program-FOP website
NYS Court Officers Memorial Lodge #35 Benefits include:
- Website: “nyfop35.org”
- High School & College Scholarships each year for children of Active Members
- Charity donations (members have priority)
- Toyota Auto Buying Program
- Court Office representation at NYSFOP Memorial & Peace Officer Memorial in D.C. each May since 2002
- Lodge #35 enjoys a special relationship with the Capitol Police. They have provided special tours and VIP admission to the Memorial Ceremony at the US Capitol during Police Week
- FOP Lodge #35 has official recognition by the NYS Office of Court Administration and participated in our proudest achievement — The 2006 Street Renaming Ceremony — honoring our 9/11/01 Heroes:
Captain William “Harry” Thompson
Sergeant Thomas Jurgens
Sergeant Mitchel Wallace
Lodge Counsel: Thomas Lauro
Mr. Lauro has been practicing law for the past 31 years in the New York City area and is a home grown product of Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn. He attended Nazareth High School, SUNY at Albany, and Golden Gate Law School. To make his practice accessible to all clients, he has numerous satellite offices all over New York City. He is currently on the speaking circuit with the following neighborhood organizations: Neighborhood Housing Services, Neighbors Helping Neighbors, Habitat for the Humanities, Northeast Brooklyn Housing of Bedford Stuyvesant, Margert Community Corp., NYC Department of Sanitation Retirees, and the Fraternal Order of Police. Mr Lauro has also been working with the New York City Partnership and the New York City Subsidy Assistance Program to help first time home buyers since 1984 when some of the very first subsidy homes were built in Coney Island. Mr. Lauro remembers where his roots are and treats all his clients with respect, compassion, and professionalism. Mr. Lauro can be contacted at 347-273-1342 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a member of Lodge 35, Mr. Lauro is offering discounted rates to any members who need assistance. He specializes in:
Real estate (purchase, sale, marketing, mortgages, bank loans, etc.)
Licensed Real Estate Broker – New York
Licensed Salesperson with Gloria Nilson GMAC
Powers of Attorney/Living Wills
Personal Injuries/Accident Cases
General Business Law
Landlord/Tenant Formation of Corporations Buying and Selling of Businesses Income Tax Preparation
Mullaney and Gjelaj Law Firm
Mullaney and Gjelaj is a law firm which can assist the members for any of their personal injury, workers compensation, criminal, wills, trusts, estates and real estate needs. Our partners have been named as super lawyers and rising stars and their results have been published in various types of media. Our firm has represented numerous law enforcement members especially court officers. This stems from our great respect that MAG holds for law enforcement officials. Patrick Mullaneys brother is a Supreme Court officer in queens criminal and Patrick is the son of a former New York City policeman as well as the son in law of a retired lieutenant in the nypd. We look forward to servicing those who keep our courts and streets safe for us.
Mullaney and Gjelaj will donate a portion of any legal fees derived from representaiton of a lodge member to Lodge #35 Scholarship program, as well as give discounts to its members.
For more information: Mullaney and Gjelaj Law Firm